Sunday, February 22, 2015

Staying in the Game, practice makes perfect.


Currently I am hobbling around on crutches. With a couple of shoots in the near future for Swimsuit Illustrated Magazine, I hope that it is nothing serious and I can be back on my feet in no time. We'll see Monday when I get an MRI. While having some down time, I started looking through some old images from past shoots just to see what was in my "throw away" files. These three images were in that file. I decided to edit them now just to have something to do. Photography is just like sports, you have to practice. If you find yourself not shooting for some reason, grab some images out of your throw away files and edit them. It will give you something to do and keep your skills up.


This is actress Allie Desantis, She came to my home for some headshots. Actors always need current headshots. Allie has pretty much perfect skin. I had very few clicks with the healing brush on her images, but I did try a different Topaz Adjust Filter out to see how I liked it. I probably would not do that on a paying job. I would just stick to what I know, get the job done and get paid, but since these were in my throw away file, and I have nothing to do anyway, I experimented. 


The filter gave her skin just a little bit of glow. You probably would never notice the difference, but I do. I'm picky like that. I am pleased with the results. Now I'll probably go watch some tutorials on youtube. I think you can learn anything on youtube.


No comments:

Post a Comment