Tuesday, February 24, 2015

How to make your Bridal Portraits POP!



This is a bridal portrait I did for Jessica. I'm pretty proud of it. Not only is she a gorgeous bride, but I pretty much nailed this photograph. I usually place my subject or model with the sun behind them and light their front with a flash. Well the sun had pretty much gone down by this time so I took a Nikon SB600, stuck it on a monopod, and jammed it behind the handrail on the bridge. I aimed it at the back of her head and it looks just like the sun is backlighting her hair. Her front is lit with an AlienBees B800. I do this all the time when shooting portraits. 

Here are two images side by side so that you can see the difference it makes. The image on the left looks pretty good, and I would like it if I didn't see the image on the right. I think it looks so much better having her hair backlit. If you really want to make your portraits stand out, stick a light behind your subjects head. 


Keep reading my blog and I'll try to keep giving out Photography Tips from time to time to help you become a better photographer. Feel free to comment if you have any questions or you just wanna say hi!




No comments:

Post a Comment