Thursday, April 17, 2014

Different Viewpoint

Sometimes when things don't look like they are working out the way you want them to, you have to change your viewpoint. Maybe you are not looking at the situation from the right angle. Take for instance my photography. I am impatient, I want to be a full time photographer right now, this very minute, but I am not. I know that I am good enough. Not to sound conceited, but I see the work of professional photographers and my work is every bit as good. I am a contributing photographer for Swimsuit Illustrated Magazine, but that pays nothing  and I have financial responsibilities that I can not meet with the camera right now. So I am working another job to make ends meet. Should I get depressed, should I give up? I won't lie, sometimes I feel like giving up. I've been working on this for about six years.  Maybe it's just not meant to be. Maybe I am just one of those people who never get their big break. Maybe I am the classic under achiever. BULLCRAP!!!! I could sit here and have a little pity party, but I am not gonna do that. I am in perfect position for something good to happen. I have a job that is meeting my financial needs. I have a great boss that lets me take off anytime I need to do a shoot. I have a very supporting wife that is behind me 100%. I have very nice photography gear. My work is seen by over a million people every time an issue of Swimsuit Illustrated Magazine comes out. One day the right person is going to see my stuff. I have people who believe in me, some more than others LOL. Something good is going to happen. See, it's all how you look at something.
A Different Viewpoint from a Portrait Shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment